Thursday, October 16, 2008

Things of interest this week


Did you watch the debate yesterday? I sure did and I learned a lot. Here's a picture of Joe Plumber, McCain's new pet. As you can see he is bald, but under McCain's health plan he will have $5000 to buy hair, which will give him the confidence he needs to finally start his own plumbing business. McCain, you win!
Oh, by the way I feel much better, thanks for asking. Your hundreds of get well cards and flowers have lifted my spirits and cured me. My good health has enabled me to partake in one of my favorite activities: drinking at bars. As most of you know my "going to school and getting up early" has really cut into my drinking at bar time. However, I was able to share this precious time with my friends Anna and David the other night. While at the bar we opened up an anatomy book tucked away on the "library" shelf (along with Hornitos-brand dominos) and found something similar to this:


The sensory homunculus. In the field of neurology, he is apparently known as 'the little man inside the brain.' He reflects the relative space human body parts occupy on the somatosensory cortex and the motor cortex. The lips, hands, feet and sex organs have more sensory neurons than any other parts of the body, so 'the little man inside the brain' has correspondingly distortedly large lips, hands, feet and genitals, so says Wikipedia. Now we know!

Well, if this actually gets published it will be an act of God, as I've been having some difficulties with my cable modem. Here is a graph to illustrate DSL users vs Cable Modem users. Interesting! Probably even more interesting is the graph that this reminded me of. Please see upper right corner... As Biggie said, more money, more problems. Remember that, Joe Plumber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home