Sunday, December 28, 2008

just some things


Well, another holiday season has come and gone, and with it some pretty wicked weather. Fortunately I wasn't scheduled to work during "Arctic Blast(?)" and instead partook in some winter activities such as "snow ecstacy" and "partying at Buelahland." Here is a picture I took on my way to the bar one day:






Over the course of the week I spent many hours indoors and had many visitors sleeping on my couch. One of those visitors was a small weiner dog/chihuaha named Autumn. Autumn has no teeth and was an unwelcome guest to my cat, Neera. They would keep me up most nights playing "animal wars." That's where one animal tries to kill the other animal. Thankfully neither was injured or killed. Here is a picture of said dog:




Confronted by the thought of living another day with frozen pipes and dirty clothes I met up with David and Colin and spent hours discussing the possibility of driving to Eugene. After drinking a few beers and consulting the internet (and the internet phone= iPhone) we concluded that we should maybe probably drive to Eugene, but take a different route because I-5 seemed to be closed, or impassable, depending who you asked. Here is a quick recap of that trip to Eugene:
4.5 hours on the road. Listen to a story on "stress" where a man retells getting his leg chopped off by a boat propeller and a woman loses her voice and is only able to make burping sounds, which she describes as "boring." Finally make it to Eugene where I spend the next 3 days eating chilaquiles at Cafe Sienna (or watching other people eat chilaquiles), drinking Super Mugs at Max's, taking last-minute trips to the mall with dad, and bullying David into buying artwork at Goodwill. Here is one such painting:






It is HUGE and totally rad.



Here's what David looked like right before he bought that fine piece of art:

Note the holiday neckbeard, which is also HUGE and totally rad.




Here's what I looked like right before bullying David into buying that sweet-ass painting:
Note: I do not have a holiday neckbeard because I am incabable of growing one, but this year I compensated by growing a holiday double chin, which also helps to keep my neck warm.
Well, I would say that overall is was a very successful holiday season. I ate some meat, ran into some old friends and made some bad decisions. Here's looking to 2009: better bad decisions, less meat and maybe some guns. Happy Holidays.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Moral said...

Here's to better dancing in 2009.

December 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home